Hello all! I just wanted to share my New Year's resolutions on here because I feel that posting them in public will make me feel more pressured to actually complete them - something I really haven't ever done in the past. This year, I've decided to give myself a resolution in every category so I can have some well-rounded self improvement. So here they are, in no particular order:
1. Social: To tighten my existing friendships, make more great friends, but also realize when friendships are no longer healthy and either repair them or, if that doesn't work, end them.
2. Family: To keep up a positive relationship with my parents, especially my Mom. I really want to create solid bonds in my family because I'm going so far away for college. Family has never been my strong suit, and I want to fix that this upcoming year.
3. Lacrosse: I want to be able to call myself a highly contributing member of my team. I've always loved lacrosse but I have stopped taking it as seriously as I should, so this upcoming season I want to be a great contributor and role model, as a senior should.
4. Individual: I'm 17 years old and much more lazy than I should be. I want to first get in shape because it will help my health now and in the future, and I want to run a 7:00 mile for lacrosse. I also want to work on my anxiety and get all that under control so I can live a generally happier life.
5. School: I want to not get caught up in being a second semester senior and keep up my good grades (while I'll probably slip from my 4.0, I still want almost all A's). Then when I'm in college I would like to balance my school work with all the social opportunities there, and be accepted into the Outdoor Education program.
6. Work: I'd like to get a solid part-time job starting at the end of my lacrosse season to really save up for the financial struggle that is going to be college. My perfect summer job would be to work at the summer camp I attended as a kid, but I've already applied so that is out of my control. Overall though, I just want to work enough that I go into college with a solid financial foundation and enough work experience to help me find great employment in the future.
7. Blog: This is obviously a new category for me, but I do have some goals regarding this blog. I hope to post at least 5 times a week, gain at least 50 followers, and accomplish one great giveaway. I used to have a very successful polish blog back when I was 14, and I'd love to get this blog up to that level. And if anyone is reading this, you've helped me with this goal already - thank you!
So those are my resolutions... what are yours?